The plugin works automatically with wordpress taxonomies, categories, tags etc. [For events created by amr-events, ie events stored in your wordpress system, and not coming from an ics file. For ics file categories, see https://icalevents.com/5261-categories-from-ics-files/]
- Event feeds available by taxonomy or category
- Taxonomies or categories can be chosen for display in the event details or in the calendars
- Style events by category or taxonomy
Filter events by category:
How to filter by category and perhaps one has too many categories to have them all displayed at once?
- Event Taxonomies Archives widget on one page
- Own html links – on one page or several
- Multiple pages – a page per category or taxonomy
1. Event Taxonomy Archives widget on a single page
- Drag the widget to a sidebar
- Enter the agenda or calendar page url in the field in the widget.
- Widget documentation
- Demo (if not changed by anyone !)
2. Own html links
- to create a tabbed effect perhaps with some additional css?
- Hardcode your own html links to pass choices to the page (above or below the shortcode)
- Demo here (using a places taxonomy)
- add ?category_name=whatever to the href.
3. A page per category or taxonomy?
- Perhaps if you wanted to have different list types?
- Tailored permalinks and seo optimisation per page
- Easy to add to wordpress menu if only a few categories
- Use the shortcode parameters.
[events category_name=whatever listtype=x]