The events plugin helps you localise your events website
- it uses the wordpress date i18n function for localised weekdays, months etc and y dateformat
- all text fields are translatable
- some text fields are editable (if not multi-lingual)
- integrates with wpml for full multilingual site
The wordpress date_i18n function requires that the base wordpress translation files be loaded. The wp-native-dashboard plugin is useful to help you download these. Note
- different languages store the latest files in different places!
- the native dashboard works for your current version of WordPress. If the language file as not been updated, then it may not show up. An olderversion may still be fine for your purposes.
In that case, go directly to
Language files available
amr-ical-events-list (the free version) handles most of the ‘public’ side of the events plugin suite, so a translation file for that may be adequate, you use a plugin to add your own translations.
- Italian (amr-events and amr-ical-events-list) – by Andrea (sciamannikoo)
- Lithuanian (amr-ical-events-list) by Nata Strazda from Web Hub
- Swedish (amr-events) – by Emil Jonzon
- Polish (amr-ical-events-list) – by Katarzyna from www.onlinecasinobluebook.com.
- French (amr-events and amr-ical-events-list ) – fxbenard aka 3emeOeil
- Danish by (amr-ical-events-list so far) Georg
- German (amr-ical-events-list so far) by Simon Betschmann
- Belorussian (amr-ical-events-list so far) originally by iam from http://www.fatcow.com, and now updated by Alexander Ovsov from Web Geek Science
- Russian (amr-ical-events-list so far)” byhttp://antsar.info/
- Hindi translation (amr-ical-events-list so far) by Ashish J. of Outshine solutions
- Code Styling Localisation (bit too ajaxy, but useful for doing transaltions inside wordpress, and rescanning files etc)
- In their Language (set language and locale by browser settings
- wpml by icanlocalize.com [aff] – just be careful which version you use with the events plugin – generally works well, but there are a few oddities they still need to fix.
Multilingual Events Site
- Test wpml integration and date/time localisation at http://lang.icalevents.com