Detailed Feature List
(There are many features, so this is a work in progress…)
Simplicity vs Features
- Can be very simple if you want it to be. I have attempted to setup the defaults so that one can simply
- create a calendar page with shortcode or a widget
- enter dates, and that’s it!
- Or feature rich….
- optional datepicker, with optional 2 month display
- datepicker will display starting with your week start as defined in wordpress and return dates in your chosen date format
- can create with own date and time format specified in config
- fast date entry – intelligent date guessing – will try to work date out if when not corresponding to format . (Ie: if format YYYY-MM-DD, can enter 20100131 or 101031, or if MM/DD/YY, can enter 013110)
- event data is stored as post meta data in ICAL similar format to aid understanding of integration
- if no time entered, date recurrence assumed to be all day
- if no end date, but have end time, will default in
- will pickup wordpress timezone as default, (or gmtoffset for the oldies, or those with no daylight saving)
- allows ‘local’ or floating dates
- allows entry of special timezone for an event
- Support for location entry with map links
- Also offers integration with various geo plugins
- Attempted to offer full localisation in terms of language, date, time and number formats – I have used wordpress functions where possible to encourage support without even a base translation for this plugin.
Right To Left (RTL) Languages
- Attempted to allow for them, with appropriate html and css. Feedback is welcome!
- Feeds available by variety of wordpress archive types
- Ical feed will compile calendar description based on website name, plus query/archive taxonomies
- Have been tested with a number of calendar programs including google
- Defaults setup for a range of possibilities. If your requirements are more complex than the defaults provided, the list types are extremely configurable – grouping, order, before/after html etc.
- Use full wordpress functionality for categories, tags or taxonomies to classify, group and style your events.
Multi user friendly
- Events and calendars by author