- Want google rich snippets in widget events and html5 event lists?
- Using the “add to google calendar” event link ala Google Event Publisher with all day events ?
Version 4.0.28 of amr-ical-events-list is now available at wordpress and fixes two annoying bugs:
- In trying to make the html5 list options ‘clean’ some html markup was removed – this meant that the necessary classes for google rich snippets, or microformats was no longer available. The necessary markup is now back. Lists that did not use html5 were always and are still okay.
- At time of writing the google documentation does NOT adhere to the ics specification for all day events – it does the human view. Actual functioning and their event button html generator tool does adhere to the spec. This means that in the google link the end day for all day events must be the ‘next’ day. (Think of it as the all day event ends at the very start of the next day.)
- When testing be aware: the links to add an event to google are required to have dates and times in UTC timezone. If your timezone is very different – eg when you live on the other side of the world, testing can get very confusing -… add in a daylight saving change and you need some good maths skills… or set your website temporarily to UTC !